Public Works Permits

The Public Works Department issues permits for work or activities that occur within the City right-of-way. This includes:

  • Encroachment Permits
  • Haul Permits
  • Transportation Permits


Before any construction occurs within the City right-of-way, an encroachment permit must be approved and issued. The purpose of an encroachment permit is to ensure that construction complies with City standards and that traffic safety is maintained during construction. The following is a list of some typical activities within the right-of-way that require an encroachment permit.

  • Driveway apron construction/modification
  • Area drain/curb core to drain a yard to the gutter
  • Utility maintenance
    • Replacements/repairs
    • New construction
  • Activities that require traffic control within City roadways

Only licensed contractors are permitted to do construction under an encroachment permit.

Once you have received a permit number and total fees due from City staff, use our payment portal to pay the permit fees.