The Wildomar Cemetery was first established in 1898 and then the Wildomar Cemetery became a public cemetery district on March 28, 1955 under Section 8890 et. seq. Of the Health and Safety Code by resolution of the Riverside County Board Supervisors. On November 9, 2011, the District joined with the newly incorporated City of Wildomar as a Subsidiary District of the City of Wildomar.
Policy direction is provided by the Board of Trustees (5 members). The Board is supported by the General Manager Dan York and advised by the District's Attorney Tom Jex from Burke, Williams, and Sorensen LLP who implements the Board's policy directions.
The primary source of revenue comes from a small percentage of property taxes from parcels within the district. The District Fund is classified as a Special Revenue Fund for reporting purposes.