Building & Safety Department
The Building and Safety Department reviews construction plans for residential and commercial projects. It issues permits for approved plans and follows up with periodic inspections to ensure that work meets various building codes. The department's work focuses on seeing that structures are as safe as they can be.
New Permit Submittals
Please email the Building Permit Team your Applications. You can reach them also by calling 951-677-7751, No applications are accepted at the building department counter, only electronic submittals.
Request an Inspection
- To request an inspection by phone, call: 951-677-5616.
- When leaving a voicemail, please include the following information:
- Permit Number
- Project address
- Requested Inspection Type
- Onsite contact name and phone number
- Special instructions related to this inspection
Note: All building inspection requests received by 4 pm will be scheduled for the following business day. Inspection requests made after 4 pm on Thursday will be scheduled for the following Tuesday.
Monday through Saturday
6:30 am to 7:00 pm.
No construction is permitted on Sundays or City observed holidays. View the AB 3002 Business License, Building Permit Model Notice.
Outside Agency Contacts
- School Fees: Contact Lake Elsinore Valley Unified School District: 951-353-7015
- Water Meter: Contact Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District: 951-674-3146
- Gas Meter: Contact Southern California Gas Company: 800-228-7377
- Electric Meter: Contact SCE Planning Department: 800-644-4555
- Riverside County Department of Environmental Health: (for septic system approval): 951-955-8980
Current Code Adoptions
- 2022 California Building Code
- 2022 California Residential Code
- 2022 California Fire Code
- 2022 California Plumbing Code
- 2022 California Mechanical Code
- 2022 California Fuel Gas Code
- 2022 California Energy Conservation Code
- 2022 California Existing Building Code
- 2022 California Electrical Code
- 2022 California Green Code
City of Wildomar Design Criteria
- Ground Snow Load: 0
- Speed (Miles Per Hour): 110
- Topographic Effects: No
- Seismic Design Category: D3 to E
- Weathering: Negligible
- Frost Line: 12 Inches
- Termite: Very Heavy
- Winter Design Temp: 30
- Ice Barrier Underlayment Required: No
- Air-Freezing Index: 10